Security is a concern for every business, and justifiably so. Crimes such as employee theft, shoplifting, vandalism, and workplace violence are very real and prevalent problems today. Many businesses take some great precautions such as installing security alarms and video surveillance systems but fall short when it comes to access control systems. Why? Because many businesses just do not know their true access control needs.
What is an Access Control System?
While security alarm systems alert you if your secured area has been breached and act as a deterrent, access control systems restrict or control access to certain areas and resources and allow leveled access with permissions. Access control systems provide a record of who access what areas and when for tighter security.
Is Access Control Right for Your Business?
If you own a business, the chances are near perfect you need some type of access control system in place. Here are some applicable reasons you should consider your options is access control.
- A lost or stolen key would mean rekeying locks.
- The possibility of employees having made duplicate keys.
- Having a disgruntled former employee.
- You are concerned about workplace violence.
- Your business has sensitive information you would like to protect.
- You have assets to which you would like to restrict access.
- You need a record of employees enter or leave.
- Do visitors need temporary access?
- You have multiple locations that need monitoring with one application.
- Are there high-risk areas that need to stay secure?
- You want to prevent employee theft.
- You need to receive after-hours deliveries or provide access to services such as cleaning crews.
- You would like to improve the safety of your employees and clients or customers.
If even one of those reasons applied to your business, then access control is a strong consideration. When it comes down to it, every business should be concerned with keeping valuable assets safely inside and the treats outside. If you have any questions about access conrol, call us. Knight Security Systems Inc offers the industry’s most advanced technologies and tecnical support adn customerservice that is second to none.